Pages

On any given day you are most likely to find us communing with the gnomes and the fairies Under The Old Oak Tree

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Trip to the Farmer's Market


A new farmer's market opened up recently and is fairly close to our home but we had not gone to it yet. This morning Will and I got up early and left the house when DH left for work. I am very excited about this market! It's not very large but the produce was beautiful and there were also vendors selling eggs, chicken, seafood, beef, lamb, sorbet, bread and other baked goods and local honey as well as several handicraft vendors. One of the stands selling lamb also was selling beautiful wool yarn!

My purchases were as follows:


  • new potatoes

  • strawberries

  • spinach

  • romaine lettuce

  • whipped raw cinnamon honey

  • lamb stew meat
I came home and started putting together a lamb stew for dinner incorporating the lamb and the potatoes. I plan on serving this with a spinach and strawberry salad this evening. If possible, I also would like to make some bread to eat with the honey. We will see how patient DS can be with me this afternoon.

I would love to be able to go to the market to purchase ingredients for dinner at least once a week. It is so much fun and I love talking to and learning from the local producers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover